Opera mail is a free email client application developed by Opera web browser. It is a wonderful tool to keep your multiple email accounts organized and structured. Not only this, it is enriched with varied intelligent features that make it stand apart from the crowd in the plethora of email client products. Opera mail is lightweight and quite simple to use and can be easily customized according to your needs. It supports almost all known email services be it yahoo, gmail, AOL, Hotmail etc.
How to configure/setup Opera Mail?
The configuration of Opera mail is uncomplicated; the user interface is built keeping in mind the user friendliness of the product .Despite the smooth interface , some users finds it difficult to setup the application. To help you with this we will be guiding you to the setup process of opera mail.
The entire setup can be mapped out into 3 phase – Initial Installation Phase, SMTP settings phase and HTML and Encoding settings phase.
Initial Installation Phase
- Download the Opera mail software from Opera.com, or Click here.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Install the software and make sure that you have opera desktop browser installed on your computer/laptop, if not download it by clicking here.
- Follow the instruction of creating the account, or click here to know to do that.
SMTP Settings Phase
- Go to the tools option in the toolbar.
- Click on the mail and chat account option in the dropdown menu.
- Following that a window will pop up in the name of manage account on your screen.
- Click on the mail account and go to the edit option there.
- Next you will observe an Account properties window popped up where you need to click the servers tab.
- Enter the server name “the value provided by Rocket seed” in the text box provided. (Get the server name from your Rocket seed representative)
- Change the port number to 587 (by default it is 25).
- Enter the username and password as provided by Rocket seed representative.
- Click ‘ok’ and thereafter click ‘close’
- The SMTP settings are done
HTML and Encoding Settings Phase
- Follow step 1, 2 and 3 of SMTP Setting Phase given above.
- Double click ‘email account’ that needs to be changed or updated.
- Click the ‘outgoing tab’ and go to the ‘default encoding’ option there.
- Select ‘UTF-8’ from drop down list.
- Put a check on ‘prefer HTML formatting’ option below the ‘Default text direction’.
- Click on ‘ok’ button to close the window.
- You can start sending emails right away.
How to contact opera mail customer care to fix problems?
Still didn’t find what you were looking for? Is there a different issue that needs another lookup? Then it’s time to contact opera mail helpline. Opera mail offers 24/7 technical support through various means, if you’re troubled by any problem then you may want to seek help of a professional. For any Doubts or queries related to the installation, setup or other troubleshooting issues, you can contact Opera mail customer care or call on toll free helpline number. Additionally you can seek support available online here.